1 Month of microdosing:
- Fadiman protocol: 11 portions = 2 XP strips
- Microdosing Institute protocol: 15 servings = 3x XP strips
- Stamets protocol: 15 portions = 3x XP strips
2 Months of Microdosing:
- Fadiman protocol: 22 portions = 4 XP strips
- Microdosing Institute protocol: 30 servings = 5x XP strips
- Stamets protocol: Do not take longer than 1 month!
Shipping & shelf life
The Fresh truffles can be kept outside the refrigerator for a few days. Should the delivery by PostNL be slightly delayed, then this is not a problem. Of course, upon arrival, keep them in the refrigerator for optimal freshness.
Note: Fresh products such as our truffles cannot be returned.
The fresh truffles of the Psilocybe Mexicana can be freely produced, traded and exported in the Netherlands. It is a legal product in the Netherlands, as long as it has not undergone "active processing". Given this legal status of the psychoactive truffle in the Netherlands, grower Fresh Mushrooms now has more than 12 years of experience in the cultivation of high quality psychoactive truffles that are also suitable for the therapeutic application of microdosing.
Microdosing with XP Truffles - How to get started
Step 1: Follow these tips for storing and opening
- The XP strips are vacuum-sealed per 3 servings.
- The vacuum line is in the centre of the 3 by 3 portions, so use one 3 portion strip first, then the other 3 portions
- Cut as close to the serving as possible to avoid exposure to air at the other portions.
- You can also lay the strip flat on the table with the truffle balls facing up, and then use a razor-sharp knife to cut only the top of the plastic. This way, only air will get to the portion you're using
- Follow the instructions that come with the package!
Step 2: Find your sweet spot
- Start your microdose journey with half a serving on a day off.
- Just eat it, swallow it with water, or mix it through food (yogurt) and eat it.
- You can also put it in your tea, add fresh lemon (juice), wait 15 minutes and drink it.
If there is no effect you can take another dose 48 hours later, for example 0.75 grams. In this way you can continue up to a maximum of 2 grams.
It is very important that the effect does not dominate your day, and that you are able to do all your normal daily activities.
On the website of Microdosing Institute you can read all about finding your sweet spot.
Step 3: Choose your protocol
James Fadiman's protocol is the best basis for a first microdosing experiment. This assumes a 3-day cycle, which you follow for 4 to 8 weeks. Try it for at least a month to experience if it is for you if it benefits you. If this is the case you can continue your microdosing journey.
DAY 1: Microdosing day
DAY 2: Transition day
DAY 3: Normal day
DAY 4: Microdosing day
Duration cycle: 1 to 2 months
Then take a 2 to 4-week break
Microdosing Institute Protocol
A commonly used protocol is the 'Every other day' protocol developed by our partners at Microdosing Institute. Their microdosing Coaching team works with this protocol successfully for over 3 years. People with ADHD, ADD, depression and burn-out could benefit from this protocol.
- Day 1: Microdosing day
- Day 2: Transition day
- Day 3: Microdosing day
- Day 4: Transition day
- Duration cycle: 1 to 2 months
- Then take a 2 to 4 weeks break
Note: This is a guideline, not a must. Once you are familiar with how it works, you can follow a protocol that feels right for you. E.g. 2 fixed days a week, or microdosing in a more intuitive way. To prevent tolerance, there should be at least 1 day between two microdoses.
Step 4: Observe changes in your thinking, acting, emotions and relationships
We recommend keeping a journal and taking a few brief notes daily. For a more accurate tracking method, and personal advice, please refer to Microdosing Institute.
Through their short online Microdosing course you will receive all practical information to get started by yourself (full of confidence!) and get the most out of your microdosing journeys.
For more information about routine, protocols, results tracking, support from the community and personalised guidance, please visit the website of Microdosing Institute.